[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk on AIX???

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:47:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Wojtak,
Greg<GregWojtak at quickenloans.com> wrote:
> We use a lot of rpm’s on our AIX servers – is it possible to build all of
> the tools necessary to make our AIX servers spacewalk clients?  What all
> would be necessary to turn an AIX server into a spacewalk client (for
> managing configuration files and rpm updates, not for AIX related patches or
> technology levels or anything like that)?

Greg,

you'd need all of the client bits for this to work.

- rhncfg-* for handling the configuration files
- up2date or yum - which ever is easier to get built to pull down the rpms
- rhnreg-ks/rhn_register to register the machines to Spacewalk

I'm not sure if there are any server side changes needed to support AIX.

Pradeep, any other thoughts on this?

jesus