[Spacewalk-list] Config File Deployment

AJ Hettema joukio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:28:36 UTC 2009

hi Jason,

have you looked into the macro section of the configuration management?
Within satellite at least the following macro's are supported:

   -

   rhn.system.sid
   -

   rhn.system.profile_name
   -

   rhn.system.description
   -

   rhn.system.hostname
   -

   rhn.system.ip_address
   -

   rhn.system.custom_info(key_name)
   -

   rhn.system.net_interface.ip_address(eth_device)
   -

   rhn.system.net_interface.netmask(eth_device)
   -

   rhn.system.net_interface.broadcast(eth_device)
   -

   rhn.system.net_interface.hardware_address(eth_device)
   -

   rhn.system.net_interface.driver_module(eth_device)

I don't know which part of the iptable setup that needs to be customized,
but I can imagine it would be possible with this.

cheers
Jouk

ps: we have done a lot with custom info in this matter.