RE: [Spacewalk-list] Config File Deployment

I had asked a question similar to this a while back.  Is there a list of all the available macros somewhere and how to use them?

From: spacewalk-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of AJ Hettema
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:29 AM
To: spacewalk-list redhat com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Config File Deployment

hi Jason,

have you looked into the macro section of the configuration management? Within satellite at least the following macro's are supported:

·         rhn.system.sid

·         rhn.system.profile_name

·         rhn.system.description

·         rhn.system.hostname

·         rhn.system.ip_address

·         rhn.system.custom_info(key_name)

·         rhn.system.net_interface.ip_address(eth_device)

·         rhn.system.net_interface.netmask(eth_device)

·         rhn.system.net_interface.broadcast(eth_device)

·         rhn.system.net_interface.hardware_address(eth_device)

·         rhn.system.net_interface.driver_module(eth_device)

I don't know which part of the iptable setup that needs to be customized, but I can imagine it would be possible with this.

cheers

Jouk

ps: we have done a lot with custom info in this matter.