[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk and mrepo

Eric linux_4_u at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 16:41:13 UTC 2009

________________________________
From: Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com>
To: mail at marcus-moeller.de; spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:06:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] spacewalk and mrepo

 On 07/22/2009 02:55 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
Dear Greg.

>I *just* got it all put together within the past week, so I haven’t
>>automated anything yet.  The working theory is that I can schedule mrepo
>>pulls of all the repositories I need, then just have another cron job to
>>push everything up there nightly.  Mrepo even sends e-mails of any new
>>packages it pulls down.
>>
>Yum Integration is on the roadmap:
>
>https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/YumImport
>
>Best Regards
>Marcus

I presume by "mrepo" you mean the "rhnget" part of mrepo.

The PXE bits in mrepo are not needed since Cobbler support is in
Spacewalk.

(I wouldn't execute the rest of it since it would be redundant.)

--Michael

I have not played with spacewalk yet, I do however have mrepo running and it works quite well.
So hopefully hooking the two together will give me the ability to manage our rhel servers better.

Thanks,

-Eric