[Spacewalk-list] Problem with RHNPUSH (ORACLE ???)

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Fri Jul 24 15:14:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:01:30AM +0200, Tommaso Rossetto wrote:
> *Hi all,
>
> when I launch rhnpush I get this error message :*

*snip*

> Error pushing base/CentOS/setroubleshoot-2.0.5-3.el5.noarch.rpm: Error
> 500Error Message:
>     ORA-12899: value too large for column
> "SPACEWALK"."RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG"."TEXT" (actual: 3002, maximum: 3000)
> Error Class Code: 54
> Error Class Info:
>      Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.
>      Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or
>      does not already exists on the server (500)
> Waiting 2 seconds and trying again...

The above should be easy to fix - just increase the size of the column
"TEXT" in table RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG. Offhand, and
untested, this will probably be a command like:

ALTER TABLE RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG MODIFY (TEXT VARCHAR2(5000));

My knowledge of oracle is minimal so the above command may be wrong. Even if
it succeeds it may have bad effects so use at your own risk.

> Error Message:
>     ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
> ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK.RHN_CHANNEL", line 916
> ORA-06512: at line 1
> Error Class Code: 23
> Error Class Info: Could not update database entry.
>
> xargs: rhnpush: exited with status 255; aborting

Here follows some wild speculation:

I think that constraint ensures that package IDs are unique on the
spacewalk server. Possibly the previous error is leaving some kind of
uncompleted upload which is causing the constraint to be violated but
once the push session ends the failed uploads have their transactions
rolled back leaving no visible evidence such as a half uploaded
package visible on the spacewalk website.

Consequently if you fix the first error, the second may go away too.

End of wild speculation.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662