[Spacewalk-list] question about centos4 and packages

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Thu Jun 4 13:22:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got a strange error when trying to install zlib (it is alreasy
installed but why is it giving the answer it can not find a match?) :

[root at stbcmw01 ~]# yum install zlib
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
spacewalk-client-tools    100% |=========================| 1.9 kB
00:00

Parsing package install arguments

No Match for argument: zlib

Nothing to do

[root at stbcmw01 ~]# yum search zlib

Searching Packages:

Setting up repositories

zlib.i386                                1.2.1.2-1.2
installed
Matched from:

zlib

The zlib compression and decompression library.

Zlib is a general-purpose, patent-free, lossless data compression

library which is used by many different programs.

http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

Also a diffirence between CentOS 4 and 5 is that with CentOS 5 we can
see that it is using the spacewalk repo but on CentOS 4 not.

We can not see anthing in /var/log/rhn/*.log or on the client with osad
-N-vv

All seems well...

Kind Regards,

Michiel