[Spacewalk-list] A Couple Questions...

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Fri Jun 5 14:51:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've gotten a spacewalk setup mostly doing the main things I need it to do. I've got a server and have been able to register a client to it.  I've set up a channel for CentOS 5 Base and a child of that for CentOS 5 updates.  I *thought* I had everything configured correctly, but there are two things that I can easily see aren't working correctly:

1) on the spacewalk server, if I look at the system I have registered, there are 154 updates that need to be applied.  If I run yum update on the client system, it keeps going out to the internet to check for the updates (verified with tcpdump) instead of the spacewalk server.  Is there some config change I need to make?
2) I had some trouble getting jabberd running on the spacewalk server.  sm gave me errors starting up about a symbol not being found in the Berkeley DB library, which seemed quite common.  I seem to have worked around that (somehow - I'm not sure what I did to get it working. :-(  ), but the OSA status still says 'Offline' for the client.  I followed the directions at https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OSADSetup but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.  When I start osad on the client, I get a message saying "Server did not return a <features /> stanza."  I saw some info while googleing around that said something about the gpg key not being configured correctly, but I didn't see anything about that anywhere.  Are jabberd/osad responsible for allowing you to schedule actions such as updates, installations, and reboots?

Thanks for any help as can be provided!

--
Greg Wojtak
Unix Systems