[Spacewalk-list] question about status :Queued

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Fri Jun 12 12:55:55 UTC 2009

David Nutter wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 06:49:55PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
>> Hi,
Hi

>> When pushing updates through Spacewalk I see that some servers are not
>> responding to the update.
>> When Iclick on the server I see:
>> This action's status is: Queued.
>> This action has not yet been picked up.
>>
>> Is the action queued on the server or client?
>
> The spacewalk server. When the client next checks in the action will
> be "picked up" and the status (and associated icon) will change. Then
> the system will execute the action and check in again to change the
> action's status to "completed" or "failed".
>
> If you are using OSAD you might want to check the config on the
> affected servers to make sure they are receiving notifications from
> the spacewalk server.

So if I get it right: there is a OSAD communication problem between the
client|server and the spacewalkserver ?
I have this for multiple machines but can not find anyhting in
/var/log/rhn/*.log on the spacewalk server or in /var/log/osad (or osad
debug mode => osad -N -vv) on the client.

A rhn_check -vv pulls the updates but I want to fix the pulsh from
spacewalk ;)

> Regards,
Regards,

Michiel