[Spacewalk-list] Disabling spacewalk's url redirection

Luis Garcia luis.garciavega at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:12:36 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I'm not up to speed on apache configs, so before I spend time
examining viscera of /etc/httpd/  for divine direction,  I'll ask if
anyone on the list knows how to change the url redirection in
spacewalk.

Right now, any request to http://myserver sends me to
https://myserver/rhn/Login.do
I was expecting my index.html file. Even http://myserver/index.html
sends me to https://myserver/rhn/Login.do

Is it possible to configure apache and spacewalk so that spacewalk
lives on it's own to subdirectory?
Something that would look like this:

https:// myserver/spacewalk

And would doing that allow requests to http://myserver to return with
the index.html file?

What about errors?  Right now, any request to missing pages on
myserver send the user to spacewalk's 404 page.

Has anyone tried this before? Or will it break something within spacewalk?

Thanks,
~Luis