[Spacewalk-list] jabberd 2.0 for rhel 5.3

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 17 09:11:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Tommi Latti wrote:

> On 17.6.2009, at 16.41, ext John Hodrien wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Tommi Latti wrote:
>>
>>> Reading through the list indicates that the jabberd 2.2 that comes
>>> with rhel5.3 doesn't work with spacewalk 0.5 and needs to be
>>> downgraded to 2.0...
>>
>> That wasn't my experience when I tried just to test.  Some fiddling
>> was
>> required to make 2.2 work, but it all looked good when I tested it,
>> and it all
>> seemed to work fine.
>
> well good to hear, would you like to go into details what did you have
> to fiddle with? :)
>
> With the 2.2 I get these errors:
>
> 0.0.0.0: osad/jabber_lib.__init__
> 0.0.0.0: osad/jabber_lib.connect('ERROR', 'Server did not return a
> <features /> stanza')
> 0.0.0.0: osad/jabber_lib.print_message('SSLError',)

Hmm, that's an error other people on the list reported, but I'd not seen.

I just worked through getting to the stage where the server was happy and was
reporting no errors on startup (by tailing syslog when starting it up), then
setup the client as per the minimal instructions on the spacewalk website.
Once I'd got the correct credential setup clientside all worked fine.

jh

--
"He was my North, my South, my East and West; my working week, my Sunday rest;
  my noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; I thought that love would last