[Spacewalk-list] Permissions

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 14:43:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> Everything looks wonderful, but an upgrade push I scheduled failed.
> Question: does the spacewalk user, in the browser, have to be root for the
> client that is being upgraded for the push to succeed?

No.

I'm not even sure your question makes any sense, as there's no relationship
between the two, nor could there be.  The users within spacewalk exist within
spacewalk, and nowhere else*.  Also, how can a user 'be root' on the client?

jh

* I'm ignoring any PAM integration, it's not meaningful to worry about it.

--
"Big Brother doesn't have to watch us anymore because all we do is watch Big
  Brother"                                            -- Banksy