[Spacewalk-list] Problem creating a kickstart distribution

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 17:55:44 UTC 2009

Rusch Philipp pru09 wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I followed the documentation at
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler and I got
> stuck with 1b.
>
> Everytime I try to create a kickstart distribution no entry or
> distribution is listed on the overview page. I have reinstalled oracle,
> spacewalk and cobbler without any improvement.

When you are on the:

Systems|Kickstart|Distributions" and select "+ create new distribution"

page .. what error do you get when you submit the form?  Any messages in
the GUI?

What did you fill in for each field?

> The other strange thing is that i am not able to choose the child
> channel „ditribution-with-tools“.

The Kickstart Distribution can only use a 'Base Channel' to use as the
basis for the operating system you are choosing to install.   Child
channels can be activated in the Kickstart Profile you create with the
Kickstart Distribtuion.

--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com