AW: [Spacewalk-list] Problem creating a kickstart distribution

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 17:34:56 UTC 2009

Rusch Philipp pru09 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't had it but now the changes are implemented and it still won't work. :-(
>
> Is there another way to check the communication between spacewalk and cobbler?!
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ok, can you do the following:

** edit with your fav text editor:

/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/rhn/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties

Add to the bottom these 2 new lines:

log4j.logger.com.redhat.rhn.manager.kickstart.cobbler=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.cobbler=DEBUG

** 'service tomcat5 restart'

** Log back into the GUI, and try and re-create a kickstart
distribution.  This will be adding lots of useful debugging to your
tomcat log.

** 'cp /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out /root'

** 'cd /root && gzip catalina.out'

** Mail catalina.out.gz to mmccune AT redhat . com  (me)

** Also, could you share with us your /etc/cobbler/settings and
/etc/cobbler/modules.conf file?  Feel free to clean out hostnames you
don't want to share.

Mike