[Spacewalk-list] changes to the wiki on the oracle setup?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 13:16:45 UTC 2009

Zac Elston wrote:
% Run
%
% [root at space-test ~]# sqlplus 'sys/<password>@xe as sysdba'
% sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlplus.so: cannot
% open shared object file: No such file or directory
%
%
% fix
%
% [root at space-test ~]# .
% /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh
% [root at space-test ~]# sqlplus 'sys/<password>@xe as sysdba'
%
% SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Thu Mar 26 07:47:08 2009
%
% is anyone not root when installing oracle?  does the oracle user not
% need this env as well?
%
%
%
% AHHH.. i see
% oracle-lib-compat provides the ld.so.conf additions but that doesn't
% come in until after "yum install spacewalk"   UNLESS you added the
% selinux additions first  which I always skip on my test install host
%
% so I'd add that to the explicit pre-install list and then the wiki is
% correct

oracle_env.sh is needed only for oracle user while managing oracle server
from commandline. I.e. hardly ever in common spacewalk usage :).

I've fixed list of necessary packages. Thanks.

--
Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat