[Spacewalk-list] pushing to client, not: createrepo?

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 20:11:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 03:59:12PM -0400, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
> Oh, yes, installed on the client, all done manually. The /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo was manually edited to point to my spacewalk server. As I said a week or so ago, I successfully registered the client, and the server knows what's on it.

To point to your Spacewalk server, you are not supposed to edit
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo -- you are supposed to edit
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date. If you are messing with yum.repos.d,
you deviate from the recommended way of using Spacewalk server
and related client tools.

Important request: Could you please fix / change your MUA (the program
you use to read and send emails) so that it puts in proper In-Reply-To
headers to your emails? It will help people to avoid responding to you
twice since your threads would be properly shown in our MUAs. Thank
you.

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #satellite*, #brno
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat