[Spacewalk-list] pushing to client, not: createrepo?

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Mar 27 22:28:29 UTC 2009

John,

>Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:11:52 +0000 (GMT)
>From: John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>
>On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>
>> However, could you expand a bit on why /etc/yum.repos.d/<distro>-Base.repo
>> needs to be that way? I mean, being paranoid, how do I know that my client
>> is *not* looking out on the web, and that it got the package from my server?
>
>If you don't want it to do anything but use spacewalk, delete all your .repo
>files.
>
>Seriously*.

If it'll work that way, ok.

>And if that doesn't make any sense to you, you've got a really whacked view of
>what spacewalk is doing.

It isn't clear to me - and I do *not* have time to read the code, I'm on a contract, and when my manager says install this and make it work, that's what I do. Also, from what you're saying, that's what I was *hoping* it would do. The paranoia was based on the idea that, as a fallback, if for some reason it couldn't get the package on *my* server, that it would pull it off the web.

And if I couldn't tell my manager that, then your managers aren't paranoid enough. <g>

  mark