[Spacewalk-list] Reverting an upgrade

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 07:07:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

>> I would have said [system] -> Software -> Update Package List in the
>> web ui, probably does the same thing.
>
> Actually, verify installed packages *was* the right answer. HOWEVER, first,
> on the client, I had to restart osad, and then run the verify. 6-8 min
> later, no problem, got the 32 to upgrade.

It might have worked, but that doesn't mean it was the right answer.  Both of
the suggested solutions were the right thing to do, and there would be no
delay in the webui picking up on the changed packages, and no restarting of
things.

jh

--
"Everybody hates me because I'm so universally liked."
                                                      -- Peter De Vries