[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri May 29 07:17:39 UTC 2009

Ade wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im new to Spacewalk - installed my first Spacewalk server only 2 days ago.
>
> Im really pleased with how it works - I have 4 test clients connected
> in and successfully patched but .....
>
> I dont seem to be able to get monitoring working - when I try to push
> the suites they stay pending. I have not made any changes to the
> clients.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction please? I cant seem to
> find where this is documented

We made huge changes in monitoring recently. Due this it has been busted
in recent releases.
In 0.4 it sent a lot of email "Notification Meltdown"
In 0.5 it has been nearly working, but still has some problems as you
described.
Even nightly builds has still ~2 critical monitoring bugs. But it is on
good way and I have good reasons to believe that in release 0.6 will be
monitoring in good shape.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering