[Spacewalk-list] Errata

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Fri May 29 16:26:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:00:03PM -0400, Frey, Evan wrote:

> I am currently running Spacewalk 0.5 on RH Server 5 and wanted to know if it
> was possible to sync errata from my RHN account.

Hi,

I can't help with syncing errata from rhn.redhat.com but I
recently wrote a script (rhn-centos-errata.py) that scrapes the
"centos-announce" mailing list (either archives or daily digest) and
creates appropriate (if rather basic) errata using the Spacewalk
API. These imported errata include a URL which links to the RHN errata
pages allowing, you can get the full info if you want it.

The script is heavily based on the handy rhn-tool script by Lars
Jonsson, with some extra wrapper methods for the XMLRPC functions I
needed.

If you want it, let me know.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662