[Spacewalk-list] Errata

Frey, Evan evan.frey at us.mizuho-sc.com
Fri May 29 17:17:41 UTC 2009

David,

That would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Evan

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of David Nutter
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:27 PM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Errata

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:00:03PM -0400, Frey, Evan wrote:

> I am currently running Spacewalk 0.5 on RH Server 5 and wanted to know
> if it was possible to sync errata from my RHN account.

Hi,

I can't help with syncing errata from rhn.redhat.com but I recently wrote a
script (rhn-centos-errata.py) that scrapes the "centos-announce" mailing list
(either archives or daily digest) and creates appropriate (if rather basic)
errata using the Spacewalk API. These imported errata include a URL which
links to the RHN errata pages allowing, you can get the full info if you want
it.

The script is heavily based on the handy rhn-tool script by Lars Jonsson,
with some extra wrapper methods for the XMLRPC functions I needed.

If you want it, let me know.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity No.
SC006662

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments,
if any, are confidential. It is neither an offer to buy or sell,
nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, any securities or
any related financial instruments mentioned in it. If you are not
the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete
it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail
message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Unless otherwise
indicated, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in
its contents are the sole property of Mizuho Securities USA Inc.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required
please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should
check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no
representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory
compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we
may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).