[Spacewalk-list] some questions about OSAD and cleaning up spacewalk

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Mon Nov 9 13:52:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got 2 questions regarding Spacewalk and OSAD:

- We got the problem that when we restart the spacewalk server,
connections are not auto recreated from the clients.
We monitored the connections through a netstat -an | grep 5222 and we're
having before the reboot 101 connections, after the reboot only 5..
Do the osad clients auto reconnect after a connection problem? Can I set
the current timeout tries to a higher level to make sure the osad
clients always reconnect when the spacewalk server is/was down?

- Our spacewalk diskspace is growing and growing (new updates arriving
every day through our reposync script).
Many packages are being kept with older versions, for example the kernel.
Is there a clean up script to clean up , let's say, package versions
older then 2 or 3 versions?
Or how does anyone clean up their spacewalk packages?

Kind regards and thanks for any help.

Michiel