[Spacewalk-list] getDmi in api returns empty

A Robinson spacehobble at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:00:11 UTC 2009

Thanks for the suggestion,

Ok, so the difference is whether there is an entry in the "system"
field of the rhnServerDmi table. By changing the database to have a
value in the system field of a record, the getDmi call works correctly
and returns a full populated structure.

As to why some systems populate the system field and some don't I'm
not sure. I can't remember properly but it might be because the
machine which filled in the system field was registered after doing a
restart, rather than all the other machines which were registered at
kickstart. -- The difference being in the services that are running.

A Robinson