[Spacewalk-list] how to use spacewalk without pxe

Kevin Arhelger javapunk+sw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:32:44 UTC 2009

Rob,

If the system is already installed, you can use koan to install a
kernel image to automatically kickstart on next boot. koan
--server=example.org --replace-self --profile=my_profile

In our lab, we use bootable usb drives (using grub) with with the
distributions kernel and initrd. Append
ks=http://example.com/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/my_profile:1:Spacewalk-Public-Cert
to the kernel line to automatically kickstart.

Kevin Arhelger
University of Minnesota Morris
Computer Science Lab Administrator