[Spacewalk-list] Initial load of Red Hat channel...?

Robert Kuropkat rkuropkat at t-sciences.com
Tue Nov 24 23:34:21 UTC 2009

That's another thing I am not clear on yet, but I have more reading to
do still.  Does Spacewalk serve as a network (PXE) install server?  Or
does it just store the kickstart files?  Or does it need the kickstart
files to determine what packages to keep up to date on each server.

My end goal is an automated install.  Obviously, there are many ways to
go about that, but I thought Spacewalk would provide automated installs
as well as provide a useful foundation for on going maintenance.

I'm not sure yet what my target environment will be, but suspect a
combination of being able to install/update over the network from this
server, install from a CD (hopefully made from this server) and install
from another Spacewalk server (or proxy) based on having to sneaker net
files to it (thus my reason for wanting to understand how to setup rpms
from CD even though I have a valid RHN account).

Robert Kuropkat