[Spacewalk-list] question about jabber server and osad clients

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Wed Nov 25 13:17:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

We seem to habe a small problem with our Jabber server on spacewalk and
the osad client on the spacewalk nodes.

Before we reboot the spacewalk server we see a 104 connections connected
with local port 5222 (jabber).
Whenever we reboot the Spacewalk server the connections are limited to 3
(local connections).
It seems that the client connections aren't reconnecting if the
connection is lost.

Is there a setting in /etc/sysconfig/osad or such on the client side
that we have to alter to force clients/nodes to reconnect if the
spacewalk server is down?

Kind regards,

Michiel