[Spacewalk-list] oracle error on logmode

rob morrien rmorrien at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 26 13:40:44 UTC 2009

hello

the solution is working
 i made the next script >
which i attatched

#!/bin/sh
#
# The script assumes that user can connect using "/ as sysdba" and Flash
# Recovery Area is enabled.
#
# =================
# Presettings for setting up archivelog for online backup
# =================
#
#    For database in NoArchiveLog mode, database is shutdown and an offline
#    backup is done;
#    For database in Archive log mode, online backup is done.
#
#    During the backup procedure, the script stores flash recovery area
#    location by saving complete initialization parameter to
#    ?/dbs/spfile2init.ora file. This will be used during restore operation
#    to find Flash Recovery Area location. If this file is lost, then user
must
#    enter Flash Recovery Area location during restore operation.
#
#    Two backups are maintained in Flash Recovery Area and the corresponding
#    log files for last two backup job are saved in
#    $HOME/oxe_backup_current.log and $HOME/oxe_backup_previous.log
#
user=`/usr/bin/whoami`
group=`/usr/bin/groups $user | grep dba`
if test -z "$group"; then
   echo Operation failed. $user is not a member of \'dba\' group.

   #Wait for user to press any key
   echo -n "Press any key to exit"
   read userinp
   exit 0
fi

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server
export ORACLE_HOME

ORACLE_SID=XE
export ORACLE_SID

PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH

PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

TMPDIR=/tmp
test_normlog=${TMPDIR}/test_normlog$$.log

#Fix a logfile for current
sqlplus /nolog > $test_normlog << EOF
   connect / as sysdba;
   shutdown immediate