[Spacewalk-list] Unable to install/upgrade packages from Spacewalk server to clients

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 07:42:00 UTC 2009

Ashok Raj D wrote:
> I have installed the Spacewalk server on a RHEL 5.2 32-bit machine. The
> installation went fine and am able to register the clients to it. I’m
> able to see the available list of packages for upgradation for each
> individual client but when I try to install/upgrade packages from
> Spacewalk server to a particular client server, it fails.
>

> I did some trouble-shooting by checking from client side. When I run a
> ‘yum’ command from client side, it gives the following error:
>

> Error: failed to retrieve repodata/primary.xml.gz from rhel-i386-server-5
>
> error was [Errno -3] Error performing checksum

Do you have rhel-i386-server-5 channel on your Spacewalk server?
Is repomd cache created? - in Channels detail in WebUI should be Repomd:
   Done.

> I ran 'yum clean all' on the client and tries to run satellite-sync on the Spacewalk server
>

> Here is the error:
>
> ERROR: No channels currently imported; try satellite-sync --list-channels; then
It seems you have no channels imported. You have to populate your
Spacewalk first.

> satellite-sync -c chn0 -c chn1...
>
> Ran it with --list-channels, here is the error:
>
> 10:43:45 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
>
> 10:43:45    url: https://

First: you are doing live synchronization (normaly done from
rhn.redhat.com) - this will not work unless you buy RHN Satellite
subscription. You have to populate it with rhnpush or repo-sync:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent
Second: it seems you have connected satellite, since you cannot do live
synchronization you may want to swich to disconnected mode: flip
web.disconnected to 1 in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering