[Spacewalk-list] dependency problems installing client -- rhn-client-tools conflicts with yum-rhn-plugin

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 20:32:52 UTC 2009

A Robinson wrote:
% Hello,
%
% We've been successfully using spacewalk for a few weeks now, however
% recently we discovered we couldn't install the necessary packages to
% register new machines. A bit of digging reveals this is due to a dependency
% issue
%
% as far as I can see rhn-client-tools conflicts with up2date, but indirectly
% requires yum-rhn-plugin, yet yum-rhn-plugin provides up2date.
%
% Looking at the developer packages I think this is now fixed, but we (perhaps

Yes, it has been fixed in nightly repo.

% foolishly (and will add the packages to our repository when they are fixed))
% use packages from
%
% http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.6/Fedora/11/i386/os/Packages/
%
% which have the dependency problems
%
% Any idea when the problem will be fixed please?

Relevant package is rhn-client-tools-0.7.4-1.

We do not plan an update of Spacewalk 0.6 so you can either wait for
Spacewalk 0.7 release or grab rhn-client-tools from nightly repo and
install it along with the rest of packages from Spacewalk 0.6.

% Thanks
%
% A Robinson

Michael Mráka