[Spacewalk-list] Cannot retrieve repository metadata for: VT.

Michael Schwager mschwage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 22:31:36 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have been kickstarting a number of machines from our Spacewalk 0.5 server,
and I'm struggling to get Fedora 11 x86_64 going.  I have created a
distribution, by following
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler . Mostly that
seemed to work; a few oddnesses (eg, under section 1b1c the "with tools"
channel did not show in the dropdown list, even though I had created it.  It
didn't complain when I simply gave it the parent channel).

Now I am stuck during my kickstart, however.

I am kickstarting by putting the ks.cfg in the isolinux ISO and mountinng a
CDROM.  All good.  Then, the Kickstart proceeds until I see an error
message...

   Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: VT.
Please verify its path and try again.

...Where does it get this "VT"?  It must populate
/var/satellite/distro-trees for a working Kickstartable channel, because I
see

ls /var/satellite/distro-trees
ks-rhel-x86_64-server-5     ks-rhel-x86_64-server-5-u2  repos
ks-rhel-x86_64-server-5-u1  ks-rhel-x86_64-server-5-u3

...but note there's no Fedora11 in there.  How do I get my Fedora 11 to be
recognized?  Thanks.

At this point there does not seem to be a running Linux that will allow me
to jump to another console and observe any more detailed error messages...
:-(

--
-Mike Schwager