[Spacewalk-list] Using Spacewalk for Deployment Without PXE?

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Tue Oct 13 17:32:50 UTC 2009

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am unable to perform a DHCP/PXE boot of new servers to allow for fully automated deployment with Spacewalk/Cobbler.  I presume I can leave out the DHCP/PXE boot-up.  I'd like to boot off media and point the server at the spacealk  server for the kickstart file and for the packages.  I'm just not sure of the proper way to do this (ie, locations of files, any extra parameters that need to be passed on the boot: line, that sort of thing).  Are there any guides or can somebody throw me a bone so I can get deployment going?

Thanks!
Greg