[Fwd: Re: [Spacewalk-list] spacewalk release]

rob morrien rmorrien at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 31 14:42:45 UTC 2009

------------------------- Oorspronkelijk bericht -------------------------
Onderwerp: Re: [Spacewalk-list] spacewalk release
Van:       "rob morrien" <rmorrien at xs4all.nl>
Datum:     Za, 31 oktober, 2009 01:55
Aan:       spacewalk-list at redhat.com
hello to all,

i fixed the problems below:

i updated the cobbler/settingd  file

i changed all the 3 lines with the name  mirr-rm-home into 10.1.0.1

and my centos 5.3 and 5.4 were working unattended

regards rob

hello to all

at this moment i make a lot of progress

i have at this moment a satelite server connected to my vlan which has a
connection to my  adsl router with a dhcp server.
this connection is on eth0 with ip adress 192.168.1.77 (mirr-rm-home0

to get tftpboot working i added a second interface eth1 to my satellite
server with a fixed ip adress 10.1.0.1 on it.

So the dhcp server from cobbler is working only on eth1

when i start a pxe boot  i get an ipadress fron the cobbler dhcp server.

i created a centos 5.3 profile into the satellite server.

when i start the pxeboot i got the message :

that the ks.cfg can't be found on the next url:

http:/mirr-rm-home/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/53B-CentOS:1:Spacewalk-Public-Cert

when i chnage in the popup menu the wrong link into
10.1.0.1:/ks/cfg/org/1/label/53B-CentOS  the kickstart goes on.

afther some moments  i get the message unable to retrieve the stage2.img
fike  the url is  http:/mir-rm-home//centos/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img

when i gice back to the menu and change weblink into 10.1.0.1  and for the
centos file i fill in centos/5.3/os/i386 the installation starts.

i did nothing in cobbler

i added only my network info 10.1.0.0 into the template for the dhcpserver

the problem is that the satellite used mirr-rm-home for all is links,
but the scripts should use the 10.1.0.1 address during the generatedd output

i looks like that spacewalk can't handle 2 interfaces.

maby somebody has a hint to fix this.

regards rob