[Spacewalk-list] Creating perl script to use Spacewalk API butgetting error Could not find method create

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:59:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Frey, Evan <evan.frey at us.mizuho-sc.com> wrote:
> Link to paste bin
> http://pastie.org/617651

Ok I think I see the problem. For some reason the perl script is not
creating a struct
element for the hash/dictionary/map (whatever it's called in perl). It
is creating a bunch
of string params.

What this means is that the API handlers will try to find an
errata.create method that
takes in a bunch of Strings as parameters, which it will never find.

I created  a similar python client and here is the output. I
highlighted the struct
element in the pastebin.

http://pastie.org/618297

This is the script (it does not contain all of the required
information), so there isn't
anything special i.e. I just created a dictionary and it worked.

http://pastie.org/618298

I'll take another look at a perl script.

jesus