[Spacewalk-list] How to backup spacewalk?

Kevin Arhelger javapunk+sw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 03:20:00 UTC 2009

After having to rebuild my spacewalk install from scratch after a disk
failure I was wondering what the proper way to backup spacewalk was. I
am currently using backuppc so I was wondering what I would need to
backup to perform a successful restore.

 - Oracle needs to be backed
 - /var/satellite contains all the pushed packages
 - /var/lib/cobbler all the cobbler configuration.
- /etc

My restore plan would be to reinstall all the rpms to get the same
system state. Then I would restore the oracle db and restore
/var/satellite and /var/lib/cobbler and /etc/

Are there any other steps I am missing with this backup plan?

Kevin Arhelger