[Spacewalk-list] error in the docu..

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 08:02:28 UTC 2009

Lukas.Matecki at lvr.de wrote:
% Hallo all together !
%
% There is a error in the documentation.
%
%
% On x86_64 systems the sqlplus client is named sqlplus64 (RHEL 5) !
%
% If someone have for example the x86_64 libs installed and the sqlplus + sqlplus64 installed he will get errors while trying to launch sqlplus, cause of missing libs (x386).
%
%
%
% Also some needed steps for the x86_64 sqlplus aren't described in the HowTo.
%
% One step I can remember is to set the home Path of Oracle:
%
% "We need to put the Oracle clients on the default path and configure the ORACLE_HOME environment variable: "
%
%   ln -s /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh /etc/profile.d/oracle_env.sh
%
%   . /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup already contains
note about oracle_env.sh:

  WARNING: Don't run oracle_env.sh (or oracle_env.csh) in your environment
  settings. Instantclient stuff works fine without it. It's usefull only
  for commandline XE server management under oracle user.

And that's the reason why sqlplus complains about missing i386 libs -
you've modified $PATH so that
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/sqlplus (which
is i386) takes priority over /usr/bin/sqlplus (x86_64 version).

% This is well documented under:
%
% http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk#head-a3fb371d3baa89d6356e2e6ca0b4f73f93009638
%
% Maybe someone with modify privileges can change that few points in the documentation at:
%
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup
% &
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall