[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler Kickstart "append" Variables

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 18:11:00 UTC 2009

On 09/03/2009 03:28 PM, Andy Speagle wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Can someone clue me in as to where certain variables are configured for
> the Cobbler kernel append options that are set by default.  For
> instance, these options are being configured in my default append lines
> for PXE install:
>
> lang=
> kssendmac
> BOOTIF=<MAC>

We do not add BOOTIF=<MAC>.   The others come from /etc/cobbler/settings.

# kernel options that should be present in every cobbler installation.
# kernel options can also be applied at the distro/profile/system
# level.
kernel_options:
     ksdevice: bootif
     lang: ' '
     text: ~

Restart cobblerd and run "cobbler sync" after making changes.