[Spacewalk-list] Error Creating Kickstart Profile

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Wed Sep 30 15:48:23 UTC 2009

I am following the directions outlined at https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler to set up a distribution and kickstart profile.  I've created the distribution, but then when I create the kickstart profile, I get  a template error.  The output is below this message.  Any ideas?

# *** ERROR ***
#
# There is a templating error preventing this file from rendering correctly.
#
# This is most likely not due to a bug in Cobbler and is something you can fix.
#
# Look at the message below to see what things are causing problems.
#
# (1) Does the template file reference a $variable that is not defined?
# (2) is there a formatting error in a Cheetah directive?
# (3) Should dollar signs ($) be escaped that are not being escaped?
#
# Try fixing the problem and then investigate to see if this message goes
# away or changes.
#
#
# ErrorCatcher instance has no attribute 'listErrors'
#   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/templar.py", line 122, in render
#     self.last_errors = t.errorCatcher().listErrors()
#

<pre>
Mod_python error: "PythonHandler services"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 299, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/var/www/cobbler/svc/services.py", line 98, in handler
    return apache.HTTP_ERROR

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'HTTP_ERROR'

</pre>

Greg Wojtak
Unix Systems
Quicken Loans