[Spacewalk-list] Fwd: Space walk for RHEL5

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 09:27:09 UTC 2010

On 04/23/2010 10:21 AM, Tore Lønøy wrote:
> Correct me if I'm, but is it possible to use RHEL with Spacewalk? You just have to sync the packages from RHN ?

Yes, it is possible. There are only several "but":

- you could not name your channel with rh prefix (and redhat IIRC)
- if you want to sync packages directly from RHN you have to have
subscription for RHN Satellite. And when you buy this subscription you
probably will want to use directly RHN Satellite, which is more stable.
But that certificate will definitely work in Spacewalk too.

> In an mixed environment it would be nice to have one Spacewalk instance for all CentOS and RHEL machines. As long as you have the correct number of licenses for your systems there shouldn't be any legal issues.

Yes. Correct. You can mix RHEL, CentOS, Fedora or whatever. You can do
that in both Spacewalk and RHN Satellite.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering