[Spacewalk-list] osad setup problem w/ spacewalk 0.8

Milan Zazrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 18:01:37 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 19:20:42 Bruce Pennypacker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on setting up a Spacewalk server and have gotten it to
> the point where I can import channels, systems, etc.  I'm now trying to
> set up osad using the information found at
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OSADSetup.  When I try to launch
> osa-dispatcher it fails to run, so I tried running it by hand and it
> gives me the following:
>
> # /usr/sbin/osa-dispatcher -v -N
> RHN 3545 2010/04/27 13:15:38 -04:00: ('Invalid password',)
>
> What password is it trying to use?  Any pointers to resolving this would
> be appreciated.

It's osa-dispatcher.jabber_password from /etc/rhn/rhn.conf (password that
osa-dispatcher uses to register to jabber network).

One way to fix this, stop jabberd:

# service jabberd stop

backup authreg.db:

# mv /var/lib/jabberd/db/authreg.db /somewhere/

start jabberd:

# service jabberd start

start osa-dispatcher:

# service osa-dispatcher start