[Spacewalk-list] client pull of configuration channel file

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 02:01:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:24 AM, David Rock <david at graniteweb.com> wrote:
> * Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> [2010-08-05 07:19]:
>> Have a look at 'rhncfg-client'
>
> Actually, that gets me about 99% there.  It solves a specific problem of
> replacing a known file, but is there a way to request all the files from
> a configuration channel (instead of scripting rhncfg-client list and
> rhncfg-client get)?
>
> I'm not adverse to scripting, but there has to be a way to request the
> whole channel.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> David Rock
> david at graniteweb.com

Hi David

'rhncfg-client get'  should get all the files in all channels that the
node is subscribed to, with the obvious exception of files that exist
in multiple channels that are being overridden.

My current clients use Satellite and Spacewalk but not config channels
so I'm a bit rusty on this these days.

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369