[Spacewalk-list] Packages "missing" during Kickstart that aren't...

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:44:57 UTC 2010

On 9 August 2010 13:45, Jonathan Scott <lists at xistenz.org> wrote:
> I've had a sudden issue pop up with my 32bit kickstart template that's been
> working fine for months.  Any time we attempt to use it, we are met with an
> error about a missing package (fetchmail-6.3.6-1.1.el5_3.1.i386.rpm to be
> exact).  This package not only exists in multiple channels attached to the
> kickstart, I can manually download it via the same URL it dumps to the
> console.
>
> I've restarted spacewalk, deleted all of my /var/cache/rhn/repodata files
> and allowed taskomatic to rebuild them, I can't seem to wrap my head around
> this one.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

What stage of kickstart? The initial install of packages or during
spacewalk registration (post scripts)?

I have in the past forgotten that the activation key overrides the
channel selection in kickstart once the system is registered leading
to much confusion on a new activation key when I've forgotten to add
the appropriate channels ;)

James