[Spacewalk-list] Problem with upgrade from 1.0 -> 1.1

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Aug 26 13:51:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 04:49:02PM -0400, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> Everything went fine until the point where I have to setup spacewalk disconnected. No errors through the schema upgrade or anything. This part fails every time with this error message. Any advice?
>

> [root at spacewalk schema-upgrade]# spacewalk-setup --disconnected --upgrade
> Choose your database backend (oracle, postgresql)? oracle
> * Setting up Oracle environment.
> * Setting up database.
> ** Database: Setting up database connection for Oracle backend.
> DB User? system
> DB Password?
> DB SID? xe
> DB hostname? localhost
> DB port [1521]?
> DB protocol [TCP]?
> ** Database: Testing database connection.
> ** Database: Populating database.
> ** Database: Skipping database population.
> * Setting up users and groups.
> ** GPG: Initializing GPG and importing key.
> * Performing initial configuration.
> * Activating Spacewalk.
> ** Certificate not activated.
> ** Upgrade process requires the certificate to be activated after the schema is upgraded.
> * Enabling Monitoring.
> DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 11 in '    UPDATE <*>rhn_config_macro
>     SET    definition = :p1,
>            last_update_user = 'installer',
>            last_update_date = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
>     WHERE  name = :p2
> ') [for Statement "    UPDATE rhn_config_macro
>     SET    definition = ?,
>            last_update_user = 'installer',
>            last_update_date = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
>     WHERE  name = ?
> " with ParamValues: :p1='RHN_SAT_WEB_PORT', :p2=443] at /usr/bin/spacewalk-setup line 1221.
> Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect().

The table rhn_config_macro is missing from your database. Since the
table has been in Spacewalk from day one, I assume something bad has
happened to your database. Since it's deterministic for you, I assume
that even the database backup that you have is missing the table.

You might try to create the table manually but I wonder if something
else is broken in your schema ...

--
Jan Pazdziora