[Spacewalk-list] Can't login after 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade

Christoph Sievers christoph.sievers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:23:28 UTC 2010

Am 30.08.10 14:05, schrieb Benedetto Vassallo:
> Hello list,
> After upgrading my spacewalk 1.0 to 1.1 I can't login using pam.
>
> I got an internal server error and then a 503: service temporarily
> unavailable.
>

> If I comment out the line
>
> pam_auth_service = rhn-satellite
>
> from /etc/rhn/rhn.conf and restart spacewalk I can login using the
> password stored in the database.
>
> Can anyone help me?

Yes!

change /etc/rhn.conf

from
hibernate.connection.driver_proto=jdbc:oracle:oci
hibernate.connection.driver_proto=jdbc:oracle:thin

> Thank you.

you are welcome.

You might also get in trouble with rhn_search

if so

change

/usr/share/rhn/search/classes/com/redhat/satellite/search/db/config.xml

line

<property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="${search.connection.driver_proto}:@${db_name}"/>

<property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="${search.connection.driver_proto}:@${db_host}:${db_port}:${db_name}"/>

ATTENTION if that does not work change the variables within config.xml
to its real content

example

<property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="${search.connection.driver_proto}:@localhost:1521:xe"/>