[Spacewalk-list] adding repos to spacewalk kickstart: 2nd try..

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 23:17:41 UTC 2010

Hi Jason

I think we have found the problem.

You should have one base channel (rhel server) and multiple child
channels with 'rhel server' as the parent.

The structure should be similar to
rhel server (parent)
-> rhel cluster storage (child)
-> rhel cluster suite (child)
-> rhel virtualization (child)
-> rhn tools (child)

Hope this helps

CC

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Jason Welsh <jason at monsterjam.org> wrote:
>  I think i tried it both ways, but neither one works,, so for my
> channels, I have the following base channels.
>
> rhel cluster storage
> rhel cluster suite
> rhel virtualization
> rhel server
> rhel server with tools (for the kickstart)
>
> Im guessing it should go under  "rhel server with tools", right?
> Ive put it there, but dont see any other repos show up .
>
> I tried it again (under rhel server with tools) and restarted the
> spacewalk server, and now I see under the "operating system" section.
> I see the channel I added as a "child channel", and its selectable.. Is
> that what I want?
>
> regards,
> Jason
>

> On 08/31/10 18:02, Colin Coe wrote:
>> When you created those channels did you assign them a parent channel?
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Jason Welsh <jason at monsterjam.org> wrote:
>>>  anyone?

RHCE#805007969328369