[Spacewalk-list] Fw: WEB TRACEBACK on remote command [1.2]

Lukas Zapletal lzap+spw at redhat.com
Fri Dec 10 13:48:41 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 01:46 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 06:14:59AM -0600, Speagle, Andy wrote:
>>
>> I've installed the new packages and I after restarting Spacewalk, I still receive ISEs when trying to add a remote command to a package update operation.  Here's the tomcat error that's produced by this ISE.
>>
>> 2010-12-10 06:01:29,183 [TP-Processor1] WARN  com.redhat.rhn.common.hibernate.EmptyVarcharInterceptor - Object com.redhat.rhn.domain.action.script.ScriptRunAction is setting empty string name
>
> Lukáš,
>
> could you please look into this? It looks like EmptyVarcharInterceptor
> has fired.
>
>> 2010-12-10 06:01:29,271 [TP-Processor1] WARN  org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Unhandled Exception thrown: class org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException
>> 2010-12-10 06:01:29,272 [TP-Processor1] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.frontend.servlets.SessionFilter - Error during transaction. Rolling back
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception occurred inside setter of com.redhat.rhn.domain.action.script.ScriptAction.scriptActionDetails

It has nothing to do with the EmptyVarcharInterceptor. Its a
non-relevant warning, the interceptor is interested only in string
setter methods (columns).

This is a complete different story. A problem in scheduler Action
(ScriptAction) during save to database.

     /**
      * @param scriptActionDetailsIn The scriptActionDetails to set.
      */
     public void setScriptActionDetails(ScriptActionDetails
scriptActionDetailsIn) {
         scriptActionDetailsIn.setParentAction(this); // NPE here
         scriptActionDetails = scriptActionDetailsIn;
     }

At a first sight I cant really determine where the problem is. Andy
please file a bugreport and provide full information how to reproduce
this. I can take a look later (but I am next week off).

--
Later,
   Lukas "lzap" Zapletal