[Spacewalk-list] spacecmd usage

Marco Shaw marco.shaw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:57:34 UTC 2010

May be sending to rhn-satellite-users also.

I'm in a particular situation where I need to get a list of packages
from system A, and apply the same set of packages on system B.  I'm
thinking if I can manage this from the command-line using spacecmd,
this will be a more efficient and repeatable process.

spacecmd can list what RPMs are on a system, but doesn't seem to be
able to list what errata has been applied to a system (it can only
list *outstanding* errata?), so I can take that errata list, and apply
that against system B.  Which this last part would seem easy enough
with spacecmd...

I can likely dump all the packages on system A, and grep through the
'spacecmd errata_details' output to build my errata list, but I'd like
to know if there's a more efficient way, than this...

I don't think I could even get this applied errata list from the Satellite UI...

Any ideas?

Marco