[Spacewalk-list] Not receiving Daily Summary emails on a new install

Iann Gorrill iann at lfchosting.com
Mon Dec 6 20:47:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Iann Gorrill <iann at lfchosting.com> wrote:

> I've just recently found out about SpaceWalk and have setup a box and am
> getting comfortable with the whole setup.  I did notice something though
> today and that is that I am not receiving the daily summary emails.  I'm
> pretty sure the email side of things works as I have gotten a few TraceBack
> emails but I don't see any record of the daily summary in either
> /var/log/maillog or /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic.log
>
> I've increased the logging in /usr/share/rhn/classes/log4j.properties but I
> can't seem to make the task start on it's own, so I may be waiting till
> tomorrow morning to look at logs again.
>
> The machine is running CentOS 5.5.  SpaceWalk is 1.2.
>
> Let me know if anyone has any ideas on why this isn't being sent, or if
> anyone knows how to trigger that task to run right away.

2010-12-06 09:13:54 H=localhost ($MUNGED$) [127.0.0.1] sender verify fail
for <dev-null at localhost>: Unknown user
2010-12-06 09:13:54 H=localhost ($MUNGED$) [127.0.0.1] F=<dev-null at localhost>
rejected RCPT <iann at lfchosting.com>: Sender verify failed

Just found this in /var/log/exim/main.log.  CHanged the value in
/etc/rhn/default/rhn_web.conf for default_mail_from to something valid, will
look again in the morning.

--
Iann Gorrill
Network Analyst  igorrill at lfchosting.com
Loose Foot Computing (LFC Hosting)
http://www.lfchosting.com/
1-866-LFC-HOST (532-4678)

Earn Free Hosting by recommending others to LFC:
http://www.lfchosting.com/affiliate.shtml
Recommend LFC to a Friend: https://cp.lfchosting.com/Recommend

Contact me: Skype - balltongu // Google Talk - me at iann.gorrill.com // MSN -
iann at gorrill.com // Twitter - @balltongu