Re: [Spacewalk-list] Tomcat config files

If you have any other suggestions on what to change to bring it up I will try it. It took a while using Google to find this fix that worked. With out it the page has not come up, Tomcat eventually ends up with a deadlock error, and JVM will not start.

Scott

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 09:46:51AM -0500, Scott Rakow wrote:
> Lukas and Michael,
>   Thanks for your replays.  I was able to get rid all the errors. Then after
> one other change, get the web page to come up. One was to remove the
> jspapi.jar in the /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/rhn/WEB-INF/lib dir (which was
> a soft link to the same file else where. There seems to be many links, some
> of which are links to links to links, which seems a bit inefficient and
> confusing). The other was to change the permissions in the
> /usr/share/tomcat5/conf file.
>
> This got rid of the errors, but the web page still would give the "Not
> Available" message. What looks to have fixed this was to change the
> following line in the /etc/rhn/rhn.conf file
>

> hibernate.connection.driver_proto=jdbc:oracle:oci
> hibernate.connection.driver_proto=jdbc:oracle:thin

I really recommend not using the thin driver because that's not what
the Spacewalk team uses when developing and testing Spacewalk.

There has to be a way to fix the issue you see even with the OCI
driver.

--
Jan Pazdziora