[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk's year 2010 in numbers

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 15:12:28 UTC 2010

Let me allow to summarize year of 2010. I gathered some numbers for you:

== Code ==

We commited 5974 changesets to Spacewalk
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/gitstat/chart.php?chart_parameter1=2&showcount=10&submit=1&page=0

Top contributors are Jan Pazdziora and Michael Mráka with 1327 and 1326
commits. We can call it draw.
Top contributor outside of Red Hat is Colin Coe with 89 commits.
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/gitstat/chart.php?chart_parameter1=5&chart_parameter_ver=spacewalk-java-1.3.31-1&submit=1&chart_parameter2_year=2010&chart_parameter2_month=0&submit=1&showcount=10

We resolved 1012 Bugs.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?chfieldto=Now&query_format=advanced&chfield=bug_status&chfieldfrom=2010-01-01&bug_status=CLOSED&classification=Red%20Hat&product=Red%20Hat%20Network%20Proxy&product=Red%20Hat%20Network%20Satellite
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?chfieldto=Now&query_format=advanced&chfield=bug_status&chfieldfrom=2010-01-01&bug_status=CLOSED&classification=Other&product=Spacewalk

Red Hat is behind of 96% of contributions.
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/gitstat/chart.php?chart_parameter1=3&chart_parameter_ver=spacewalk-java-1.3.32-1&submit=1&chart_parameter2_year=2010&chart_parameter2_month=0&submit=1&showcount=10

== Project cost ==

This is wild estimation, but just guess:
Codebase: 	2,908,841 (including code and mark up)
Effort (est.):	843 Person Years
Avg. Salary:	$55000 year
Estimated cost of project: $ 46,387,055
http://www.ohloh.net/p/spacewalk

== Releases ==

We released 4 releases during year 2010: 0.8, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
http://freshmeat.net/projects/spacewalk/releases

== IRC ==

We have nearly 1000 users on #spacewalk and 157 users on #spacewalk-devel.

Some numbers from  #spacewalk-devel:

Is jortel stupid or just asking too many questions? 24.1% lines
contained a question!
red_alert didn't know that much either. 22.6% of his/her lines were
questions.
The loudest one was roysjosh, who yelled 10.7% of the time!
Another old yeller was gurjeet, who shouted 8.7% of the time!
It seems that bmomjian's shift-key is hanging: 1.2% of the time he/she
wrote UPPERCASE.
For example, like this:
      <bmomjian> LOL

mccun934 is a very aggressive person. He/She attacked others 5 times.
For example, like this:
      * mccun934 smacks original author

Poor himself, nobody likes him/her. He/She was attacked 2 times.
For example, like this:
      * partha smacks himself

cliff brings happiness to the world. 30.3% lines contained smiling
faces. :)

red_alert is second happiest person, smiling 27.1% of the time. But on
the other hand
he is on top with usage of sad faces.
5.1% lines contained sad faces. :(
e_ is also a sad person, crying 2.5% of the time.
bbuckingham wrote the longest lines, averaging 81.1 letters per line.
#channel average was 40.3 letters per line.
partha wrote the shortest lines, averaging 29.0 characters per line.
mccun934 spoke a total of 72286 words!
mccun934's faithful follower, partha, didn't speak so much: 61254 words.
Lupicite wrote an average of 76.00 words per line.
Channel average was 7.15 words per line.

More numbers at:
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/irc/spacewalk-devel/

And same numbers from #spacewalk:

Is pikshik stupid or just asking too many questions? 33.8% lines
contained a question!
hdoria didn't know that much either. 33.6% of his/her lines were questions.
The loudest one was cturner, who yelled 12.1% of the time!
Another old yeller was Lokidiabel, who shouted 11.2% of the time!
It seems that gregdek's shift-key is hanging: 3.4% of the time he/she
wrote UPPERCASE.
For example, like this:
      <gregdek> K.
choirboy just forgot to deactivate his/her Caps-Lock. He/She wrote
UPPERCASE 3.4% of the time.
aking99 is a very aggressive person. He/She attacked others 5 times.
For example, like this:
      * aking99 slaps self

Poor self, nobody likes him/her. He/She was attacked 3 times.
For example, like this:
      * aking99 slaps self

jds2001 brings happiness to the world. 29.5% lines contained smiling
faces. :)
red_alert isn't a sad person either, smiling 27.9% of the time.

Gh0sty seems to be sad at the moment: 6.7% lines contained sad faces. :(
red_alert is also a sad person, crying 4.0% of the time.
kok wrote the longest lines, averaging 107.1 letters per line.
#channel average was 50.5 letters per line.
delhage wrote the shortest lines, averaging 30.1 characters per line.

doot was tight-lipped, too, averaging 30.3 characters.
jsherrill spoke a total of 88628 words!
jsherrill's faithful follower, Gh0sty, didn't speak so much: 50174 words.
cdrelic wrote an average of 73.00 words per line.
Channel average was 8.94 words per line.

More numbers at:
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/irc/spacewalk/

I'm looking forward to see you in new year :)
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering