[Spacewalk-list] 0.7 upgrade to nightly

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Tue Feb 2 11:27:06 UTC 2010

Dear Michael.

> nightly is latest development and experimental stuff and although we do
> our best regarding upgrades we frankly don't support them (to nightly),
> installation should always work.
>
> Of course we do support upgrades from one released version to another so
> the main upgrade polishing comes regularly just before release :).

I am aware of it. It is my testing env and this is more an informational note.

> % CREATE TABLE rhnChecksumType
> %              *
> % ERROR at line 1:
> % ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
> %
> % which leads to the following error during spacewalk-repo-sync:
> %
> % SQLStatementPrepareError: ('ORA-00942: table or view does not
> % exist\n', 942, 'select p.id from rhnPackage p, rhnChecksumView c where
> % p.org_id = :org_id and p.checksum_id = c.id and c.checksum = :checksum
> % and c.checksum_type = :checksumtype')
>
> So you probably ended up with partialy upgraded schema :(.
>
> If you have a backup of your 0.7 schema:
>  - restore it
>  - rename sql sql.bak /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-0.7-to-spacewalk-schema-0.8/004-*
>  - and try to rerun schema upgrade again
> otherwise:
>  - rename sql sql.bak /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-0.7-to-spacewalk-schema-0.8/00[0-4]-*
>  - and try to rerun schema upgrade again

Still does not work. Had to rebuild the complete db.

schema upgrade fails during the following step:

CREATE TABLE rhnChecksumType
(
    id           NUMBER NOT NULL
                     CONSTRAINT rhn_checksumtype_id_pk PRIMARY KEY
                     USING INDEX TABLESPACE USERS,
    label        VARCHAR2(32) NOT NULL,
    description  VARCHAR2(64) NOT NULL,
    created      DATE DEFAULT (sysdate) NOT NULL,
    modified     DATE DEFAULT (sysdate) NOT NULL
)
ENABLE ROW MOVEMENT
;

Best Regards