[Spacewalk-list] package update issues

Kennedy, Ryan rkennedy at PAML.com
Mon Feb 1 17:28:02 UTC 2010

I should mention that I am running Spacewalk v0.6

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Ryan
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 9:19 AM
To: Spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] package update issues

I have a couple of issues.
1) The first is that when I try to push out package updates via the Spacewalk web interface to a managed system that I kickstarted with my Spacewalk server it eventually fails with a message like:
Error while executing packages action: Public key for bind-libs-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.1.x86_64.rpm is not installed [[6]]

I get the same error if I try to just use "yum install bind-libs" from the client as well.  From what I could dig up with google it looks like I possibly need to import the Redhat GPG key.  Does that import need to happen at the Spacewalk web GUI, on the channel, or on the client, or...?

2) In addition I noticed while running the "yum install" command that from the client side it looks like it wants to install both x86_64 and i386 versions of the same app.
Here is an example:
[root at kstest ~]# yum install bind-libs
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
 * addons: mirror.stanford.edu
 * base: centos.eecs.wsu.edu
 * extras: mirror.web-ster.com
 * updates: linux.mirrors.es.net
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: bind-libs = 30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5 for package: bind-utils
---> Package bind-libs.i386 30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 set to be updated
---> Package bind-libs.x86_64 30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
---> Package bind-utils.x86_64 30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=============================================================================================================================================================
 Package                         Arch                        Version                                       Repository                                   Size
=============================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 bind-libs                       i386                        30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2                         centos5-updates-x86_64                      857 k
Updating:
 bind-libs                       x86_64                      30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2                         centos5-updates-x86_64                      890 k
Updating for dependencies:
 bind-utils                      x86_64                      30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2                         centos5-updates-x86_64                      176 k

Transaction Summary
=============================================================================================================================================================
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       2 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Ryan Kennedy

DISCLAIMER:
Information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, be notified
strictly prohibited. If this communication is received in error, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting
from your computer. Thank you